Author Topic: Love and Respect to Chilly B  (Read 216 times)

Offline DJ dYgYtAl

• Uh-oh... Here comes Cozmo.
  • Executive
  • Roadie
    • View Profile
    • dYgYtAl Radio
Love and Respect to Chilly B
« on: February 23, 2017, 11:33:54 PM »
To Cozmo and all the other Jam-On Production crew and followers:

A big shout out to all of you. Thanks for all you've done to help produce, promote, and perpetuate the roots of Hip-Hop. It was the efforts of these pioneers of Hip-Hop, people that took up the art for the sake of the art, that created a sound, a feeling, and a texture that was pure and unadulterated. The emotion, energy, and thought behind the beats and lyrics are unmatched, even today.

30 years later, and "Jam On It" is still a seminal work of art, at least for me. I know that every time I spin it, people get up and dance and everyone knows the lyrics. It's one of those tracks that people (myself included) can remember where they were and what they were doing the first time they heard it. Music is funny like that.

It's been 7 years since the passing of Bob "Chilly B" Crofton. I will always consider it a sad day for Hip-Hop that a man who was still in his prime could be taken from us, although I know he is smiling down on us. Add to that the fact that we lost our son at the age of 15 on Feb 22, 2015, and I find that the 3rd week of February is a total downer. But I digress.

Cozmo, keep the music in your soul and keep the beat alive. It was people like you, Chilly B, and so many other artists that helped me through many of the difficult points in my life. Peace and blessings to all of you.

Much love...

BTW:

If anyone is interested, this is the video of our son Wil that we played at his memorial service. The song is "A Happening" by "hyperstory", which was one of Wil's favorites.

https://www.facebook.com/acidanthris/videos/10212442502602058/
DJ dYgYtAl - Dicin' and Slicin' dope beats since 1984!

Occasional DJ - Frequent Smart-A$$ :fingas: - Full-time Sex God! :blush:

Offline Cozmo D

• Administrator
  • Jam-On Hall of Fame
  • Big High Muckety-Muck
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jamonproductions.com
Re: Love and Respect to Chilly B
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 02:54:32 AM »
Thank you so much Dygytal.  My deepest and warmest condolences on the loss of your son, I'm sure that makes February an extremely hard month to bear.  I wish you Blessings and healing.

Beautiful video.  Much love to you and yours.