Author Topic: Destination:Earth CD  (Read 2235 times)

Offline FreddyJones

• View Profile
Destination:Earth CD
« on: August 30, 2013, 09:30:01 PM »
Cozmo D,

What exactly is the difference between some of the songs on the Destination:Earth CD and the Classic CDs, especially on "Teknology" and the like?

Offline Cozmo D

• Administrator
  • Jam-On Hall of Fame
  • Big High Muckety-Muck
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jamonproductions.com
Re: Destination:Earth CD
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 10:26:32 AM »
Hey Freddy!  "Destination Earth (1999)" contains the delete vocals and 2nd solo and is much longer.  "Why" is the original 12track version which sounds better than what was released IMHO.  "Jam On It" contains 8 deleted bars of Chilly B's rap which also includes the deleted first chorus.  "Jam On Revenge" contains all of the vocals in context and is not just a dub like it is on the Jam On Revenge album.  "Space Is The Place" is mastered so that the vocals aren't panned extreme right and left.  I think that's about it, "Teknology" is the same.

Offline FreddyJones

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 06:48:53 PM »
Hey Freddy!  "Destination Earth (1999)" contains the delete vocals and 2nd solo and is much longer.  "Why" is the original 12track version which sounds better than what was released IMHO.  "Jam On It" contains 8 deleted bars of Chilly B's rap which also includes the deleted first chorus.  "Jam On Revenge" contains all of the vocals in context and is not just a dub like it is on the Jam On Revenge album.  "Space Is The Place" is mastered so that the vocals aren't panned extreme right and left.  I think that's about it, "Teknology" is the same.

Thank you! I was probably going to get Destination Earth (1999) because of the cut vocals in the original. Already have the definite Jam on It, my dad bought it a few years ago. Is the 12 track 'Why" the same as the one you put into the "Space is the Place" album? Might get "Space is The Place" then, because of Jonathan Fearing. (He did the panning, right?)

Offline Cozmo D

• Administrator
  • Jam-On Hall of Fame
  • Big High Muckety-Muck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 06:58:36 PM »
Yes, the 12 track "Why" is included as a bonus track on Space Is The Place.  Yep, Fearing did the panning for no apparent reason.

Offline FreddyJones

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 08:55:55 AM »
Yes, the 12 track "Why" is included as a bonus track on Space Is The Place.

Alright, thank you!

Offline Cozmo D

• Administrator
  • Jam-On Hall of Fame
  • Big High Muckety-Muck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 05:24:23 AM »
No prob. :)