Author Topic: BACK 2 DA BIZNESS!!!  (Read 5630 times)

Offline Cozmo D

• Administrator
  • Jam-On Hall of Fame
  • Big High Muckety-Muck
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jamonproductions.com
BACK 2 DA BIZNESS!!!
« on: October 27, 2009, 11:05:57 AM »
BACK 2 DA BIZNESS!!!

OK, once again I have finally managed to put aside all of my procrastination and shame so as to give you all an update on what's going on with Newcleus and the "Returned To Earth" project.  I'm sorry that it has taken me so long.  I wish that I could say that it couldn't be helped, but that is not the truth.  I will attempt to lay that truth out for you in what follows, but suffice it to say that I am not proud of my lack of musical accomplishment this year so far.  If you would like a refresher and want to read my last update from February you can do so at http://www.jamonproductions.com/forum/index.php?topic=1049.0 

Anyway, here goes...

HEALTH ISSUES

Unfortunately, this time around I must begin our health report not with me, but with Chilly B.  Chilly is much more private when it comes to group issues, which is why you all don't hear from him much, and I will do my best not to betray his confidence by going into detail, but he has not been in great health for some time, and his condition worsened considerably in 2009.  He could use and I'm sure would appreciate all of the prayers, good thoughts, kind wishes and positive vibes that could be thrown his way.  I don't know yet how this may affect future shows and performances (if we can land any), it has already affected recording plans.

As for me, I've had a strange year health wise.  All sorts of strange (and rather annoying) maladies compounding my existing issues, even landing me in the hospital for a night.  I have decided to sum them all up to nudges from God to get my fat ass back to work and stop procrastinating and since doing so am feeling much better.  Right now my hypertension is under control and I'm feeling better than I have all year.  My blood work taken during my trip to the hospital all came back good, and I've cured my new problem of insomnia by working when I can't sleep, which is what I have done all of my life anyway.  Enough!

As for our rock, Lady E, she was under the weather a little today but remains steady and strong, with no maladies or problems that I dare try to report without getting myself into trouble.

SO WHAT DA DEAL IS...

So what has happened to the music?  What has happened to the world!  My hopes for things to take a turn for the better this year all failed to materialize.  Lady E is still unemployed and I am still without a studio.  We've landed a total of 2 gigs in 2009, the last one in June.  Hey Obama... PLEASE FIX IT!!!

Not long after my last update in February we recorded a song that was included on the "Street Sounds Nu Electro Vol. 1" compilation album that will also be included (with some alteration) on the "Returned To Earth" album.  Though the track was a breeze to do, the vocal was so difficult to get right here in my non-studio that it was just discouraging to move on to further projects.  It was about then that it became easy to say no to working on new stuff and just waiting on the money to come in so the new studio could be built.

In April I started doing the Jam-On The Groove radio show on Global Funk Radio with my son DJ Dogtrane.  Aside from that I spent most of my time on my fat ass watching TV.  I was expecting a nice sized royalty check in August and another one in September, both of which should've covered building the studio rather nicely, so I just put it all out of mind.  In retrospect I should have kept on working regardless of the conditions and just saved the vocals for later, but hindsight is 20/20 they say.  Looking back now, it is easily the longest I have gone without doing any serious work on music since I started in 1979.  I think it was likely killing me.

Finally, August came along, and the royalty check arrived at about 1/10th the size expected.  Just enough to pay some bills.  September came and that check didn't show up at all.  I'm still waiting on it.  Finally realizing that I had lost a LOT of time procrastinating I understood that I had to get back to work by hook or by crook.  And so, here we are now.

THE PLAN!!!

I saw a Jamaican recording studio on the Travel Channel that had like a little wooden shack in it for a vocal booth.  My plan is to head down to Home Depot, get me some plywood and some insulation, and build me one of them jammies!  That should solve most of the vocal issues, the rest I can deal with.

The next realistic target for release is February of 2010. Considering that the album is about at the 2/3 mark I am going to set that one in stone.  I envision another 3 to 5 songs on top of what is already done.  Hopefully I haven't burnt all my bridges with the distributors and this can be a nice world wide release, but regardless it will be put out, and all of you who pre-ordered will get everything just as you were promised.  Hopefully I haven't burnt my bridges with you fine folks either, but if that is the case I will gladly refund your money if you've just plain had enough.  And I don't blame you one bit.

ONCE AGAIN... Thank you ALL for your unbelievable patience, consideration, understanding and devotion to us and this project.  There is no doubt in any of our hearts that Newcleus fans ARE THE BEST!!!

EZ,
Coz

Offline vibration

• Executive
  • Church Of the Funkadelic Revelation
    • View Profile
Re: BACK 2 DA BIZNESS!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 05:43:15 PM »
Sorry to hear about all the health problems. Hope things turn out good for everyone.

"Back 2 Da Bizness!!!" is a fantastic headline to see on my birthday!

Thanks! 
Funk upon a time
In the days of the Funkapus
The concept of specially-designed Afronauts
Capable of funkatizing galaxies
Was first laid on man-child

Offline Cozmo D

• Administrator
  • Jam-On Hall of Fame
  • Big High Muckety-Muck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 05:47:42 PM »
:bday: Vibe!!! :cheers:

Offline ScottiG

• Executive
  • Roadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 08:00:31 PM »
Can't wait to hear the new stuff as it becomes available.

Thanks for the update Coz!  :clap:

Sooner or later some will gather and group and hold you to one of your deadlines.  :ha:

Offline Cozmo D

• Administrator
  • Jam-On Hall of Fame
  • Big High Muckety-Muck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 03:03:48 PM »
This deadline will stick!  :hehehmm:

Offline ScottiG

• Executive
  • Roadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 06:04:08 PM »
Did you just carve a deadline in stone?

Oh no.... It's Cozmo!

That is GREAT news! - Gonna mark it on my calendar!

Thanks for the update Coz!

Offline Cozmo D

• Administrator
  • Jam-On Hall of Fame
  • Big High Muckety-Muck
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 10:07:11 PM »
Shhhh.... :hehehmm:

Offline Stet

• Breaknik
  • X-ecutive
  • Famous by Association
    • View Profile
    • www.breakniks.com
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 05:59:37 AM »
 :lol:

Offline Kazak

• X-ecutive
  • Roadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 10:44:55 PM »
 :waiting:  :ha:

Do I understand procrastination?    :rotf:

:urock:

kazak

Offline Bonkman

• X-ecutive
  • Road Manager
  • You said what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 11:53:16 AM »
Sometimes...

...procrastination is where creativity flourishes..
You'll just have to ask for my signature.